This is Zainab Ashiq’s story, our Administrative/Clinical Support Assistant in Grimshaw
Zainab has been with us for just three months and was hired on as a CSW and applied “because a lot of people had said ASLS is an amazing organization to work for.”
Why do you stay?
“I love my job. I’m working my hardest in hopes to get hired again next summer.”
Why did you want to take on the challenge?
“I thought it would fit well with my degree choice. I wanted the work experience.”
What is one of your fondest memories so far?
“Sharing an office with Laura. She taught me so much.”
What do you tell yourself when it is a stressful day? How do you practice self-care?
“To take deep breaths and stay calm. I love to self-care by taking a bath (lush bath bombs are my favourite) and spending time with my family.”
What are you most surprised about working here?
“How easy everyone is to get along with and how hardworking this team is.”
What would you say to the founding parents if they were here right now?
“That they’ve built something incredibly special.”
How has ASLS impacted your personal life?
“I’ve learnt to appreciate a lot more and be more open with myself and others.”
Quick facts about Zainab:
– She has two older brothers and no pets, yet!
– She loves to shop online and spends a lot of time at the gym
– She would eventually like to work at an accounting firm somewhere in the city
– She is surprisingly good at jumping hurdles for how short she is
– She would love to have lunch with Michelle Obama and it wouldn’t matter where. “She’s one of my biggest inspirations and I would love to sit & chat with her.”
Any message you would like to share?
“I would just like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has been so welcoming and kind since I’ve started here.”